Monday, June 23, 2014

Platinum Drawing Point

16 Gauge Platinum


I'm now producing 16 gauge, dead soft platinum drawing points.  The point styles are the same, conical, slanted or chisel.  The above photo gives you an idea of the size difference between my chunky 4 gauge points and the size 16 wire.

These points are 2 inches long.  My own experience with the line quality is that it is approximately equivalent to a 2H pencil.  The line will also stay a soft gray as platinum does not tarnish.  I really like it for beginning a drawing as it is so light and soft that I can search out forms without committing to a heavier dark line with silver or copper.  I'm also loving it for luminous lighter shadow areas.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you are interested.  Unless you are a die-hard metal point artist, the price is prohibitive for such a soft light line.  Turn-around time will be between one and two weeks on these points; as always I'll keep you posted on the details of your order as it progresses.

Happy drawing -

No comments:

Post a Comment