Thursday, March 19, 2015

Limited Palette Explorations


During spring break with my Pineapples (aka kids) I've used some of my more limited time to explore some of the color relationships of my limited palette.  Here I'm looking at some of the differences in mixtures between Phthalo Blue and Ultramarine Blue and thinking about the light in the landscape here on Maui.

I Love Love working with a limited palette.  Each location,  time of day and what kind of poetry you're creating can help determine which limited palette to choose.  

So the next time I'm out to start a fresh painting my intention will be to use Phthalo Blue, Cad Yellow Pale and either - not both - Cad red light or Quinacridone Magenta - depending on my mood and the light -

Would Love to hear about your favorite limited palette -

No comments:

Post a Comment