Tuesday, September 30, 2014

30/30 - Last Day - Plein Air Study, Kihei


So- that went fast.  Hard to believe it's the last day of the 30 day challenge.  It's been a terrifically energizing and useful tool to gain ground in the areas I listed as my goals on day one:

Focus on Value Structure
Refresh Drawing Skills
Improve Composition Structure
Reestablish a sensitivity dulled by 15 years of scenic work
Cement working routine after hiatus 
Generate New Ideas

The two things that meant the most to me - though I was conscious of all of them as I worked - were enjoying more of a sense of play with these little studies which loosened me up to new ideas and possibilities and also reestablishing a solid working routine!  

Tomorrow - Shower trees on Baldwin Ave en plein air!  Can't wait!....

Paint pretty -

No comments:

Post a Comment